M4 Underlayment is a fast & economical alternative to poured gypsum underlayment systems. Simply install 1/2″ thick M4 Underlayment over your structural subfloor and you increase fire-ratings up to 1-hour, while boosting sound ratings to 55+ STC / IIC (or higher). Once installed M4 is ready for foot traffic, walls, and floor finishes saving you time, weight, money and hassle vs. poured systems. *Performance based on tested assemblies, available upon request.
- Eliminate Poured Systems: Meet fire & sound without the wet trade!
- Save Time: Save 7-9 days curing time per pour
- Fast & Easy Install: M4 installs quickly with pneumatic fasteners (nails / staples).
- Lightweight: 1/2″ M4 weighs 2.5 lbs vs. 9 lbs/sf (based on 1″ pour)
- UL Listed Fire-Rated Assemblies: UL L528 & L587 (1-Hour w/ wood trusses)
- Sound Ratings: STC / IIC of 55+ with most floor finishes (refer to reports)
- Weather Resistance: Factory sealed for exposure to elements
- Health & Safety: No Silica, Formaldehyde or VOC’s. Does not support mold growth. No added chloride.
- Ideal For: Multifamily Construction, Condos, Apartments, Hotels, Mezzanines, Platforms